Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time Capsule

OK... it's been a while since I have really posted.... just a quicky here and there. Sorry! The last few months have been totally hectic. WOW. I feel like I might be able to catch my breath here soon.


August 2008 ~ 3rd son, Kyle moved back in with me... When you are used to a dog and a couple of chickens.... the change can be hectic! I am so thankful that he did. I got to spend about 4 months with him. In August, I also flew home (Indiana) for my Mom's first surgery. They removed the tumor, but were unable to get to the lymph nodes.

September 2008 ~ Tried to assimilate the changes in to life and had to turn 49 ( that is one year left to the big 50 or half century mark ).

October 2008 ~ I had to endure the long distant turmoil of Mom's chemo treatments. She had a rough time and was hospitalized 3 times during the course of treatment.

November 2008 ~ Son's long distance girl friend moved to a town nearby. He proposed on Thanksgiving Day.


December 2008 ~ Kyle went offfor the first month of predeployment training. My best friend moved 4 states away. Christmas and New Years came and went.

January 2009 ~ Kyle left for 3 months of training. Wedding planning started for a wedding sometime the end of March or beginning of April. I flew to Indiana for Mom's 2nd surgery, which was postponed due to blood pressure complications.

February 2009 ~ Wedding plans continue-wedding now 90% sure in the beginning of April. Drove to Florida to babysit granddaughters. Flew to Indiana for Mom's last surgery. Buck, a lab puppy, joined the family.

March 2009 ~ Final preparations for wedding scheduled for April 10th underway. (Bride had to go to California for 3 weeks for training.) Mom started her radiation treatments in Indiana. I started a forum for blog comment exchanging.







April 2009 ~ Last minute wedding prep and guests arriving and parties and finally the day arrived. My son was married April 10th. The rain held off until after the reception (wedding was outside in the local town gazebo and the reception in party tents in my front yard!) Then the big deployment day came. The ceremony was a nightmare. The venue selected was not large enough to hold the 4000+ soldiers, the families, friends, dignitaries and gawkers. Many tears were shed that day. Then they didn't leave as planned. We went through another goodbye a week later.



The guests are home. The spare rooms is filled with wedding presents and reception decorations. I am now trying to plan a trip to Florida to see my middle child graduate. He is receiving his Masters degree from the University of Florida on May 2nd. There are no rooms left. We adjusted plans because Mom is able to fly down to meet us. Middle child, Brian, is now in preparation to join the Peace Corps in September. I feel another tearful goodbye coming. The only thing left is to find out that number 1 child is pregnant with her 3rd child. Then my year will be complete! LOL

During all of this (did I forget to say that I started a new job in June 2008) I work full time outside the home and run an online gourmet coffee store! So wish me a more peaceful, restful end to 2009 to enjoy the homestead, my sweetie(who has been enormously patient with me during all of this) and my Sugar, Buck and the chickens (totally better than TV!) And on the other side, I promise to keep more upto date with all of my blog friends whose live are just as hectic as mine! The flowers are blooming. The vegies are growing. The chickens are laying. The coffee is brewing. The daily photos are over at My World or Your World. So stop on by and give me a shout. There is always an extra cup!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

19 comments:

  1. Wow Connie you had quite the year! Thank you for sharing it with me (us) along with all the wonderful pictures! All the very best to you and your whole (huge) family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that has been one jammed packed year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a year you have had!! Thanks for sharing your life and your pictures with us!!
    Hi Sugar & Buck!!
    Your FL furiends,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Christina...all I can say is WOW. So many blessings, ups, downs, family, job...I'm so proud of you!!! You've really been a rock for your family and it's so clear there is so much love being shared and nurtured. I so admire your attitude and what an awesome mom, daughter, and wife you are. So very happy to have you as a friend across the miles despite the hectic pace. Sending hugs and love your way from our family to yours!

    Robbyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it sounds busy indeed. Especially if you started a new job too...that is a big stress by itself plus all the other things. I'm sure the rest of the year will seem like smooth sailing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot you've gone through, but there's been a lot of positives in there. Love the way you added the photos in with the words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also enjoyed the way you interspersed photos with the text. What a rollercoaster year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's hoping you some non-eventful months to come. We got some chicks in March. Boy are they growing but they are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have certainly had an eventful year. Here's to a calmer one and even more blessing through your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it seems only yesterday that they got engaged! Now they are married! :O

    ReplyDelete
  11. No dust gathered on your feet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a jam packed year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. May you have many more years with so much fun, love, and whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes I think my life is busy - but compared to yours, mine is lazy!!!

    You've been through a lot - don't forget to care for yourself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, you have had a busy year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That makes me tired just looking at the pictures!! You've had so much going on, but some really wonderful things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your Mother's Day. You have done a wonderful job of keeping all things going for your family!

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and let me know your views, thoughts, or ideas.... Glad to see you here. Have a great day!