Monday, April 28, 2008

Growing Challenge update

Seeds have been sown. Starts are popping up…. Even the okra ( yuckra… for my sweetie…and I even have to cook it!) The garden has been prepped for corn, tomatoes, pole beans, okra, squash, and sweet potatoes. The strawberries have given me 3 lovely quarts so far. The garlic is gorgeous. The onions are rising to the occasion. The Aquaponics venture has cycled through and ready to plant and add more fish ( if anyone knows a good tilapia fingerling supplier that sells small quantities … please let me know!) The chicks are popping out of the dog cage. Their coop will be ready tomorrow. Yeah! Sugar got her spring hair cut today! I have a cute short video about the chicks. Check it out here at the blog or you tube If you are looking for ferns (good shade ground cover) or worms…. ebay
Happy growing!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed the guinea adventures!

    I'm delighted that your garden patch is doing so well. Ours is slowly starting to grow. How I wish we had a greenhouse... sigh.

    Blessings to you!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank both of you for your service to this country. I know firsthand some the sacrifices and trials involved.

    My husband has deployed seven times but always for three-five months at a time. A blessing especially when we lived in WA and I was very isolated. The FRG did not contact me until after I'd been released from the hospital (where I had a miscarriage and nearly died). A Red Cross message was sent to my husband because I had been sent home from Madigan with internal bleeding and was found by the Roy Fire Department passed out on the floor of our house -- alone and very low on blood. I had a blood transfusion and surgery as a follow-up from my stay at Madigan, who did issue an apology for failing to provide life-saving care or notifying the FRG or anyone that they were sending a woman home alone who was bleeding profusely, had just lost her baby, and had frightening bruising all over her abdomen.

    I am very glad that you have been surrounded by wonderful people as a military wife. We found our own support system in a church while living in Washington. Only now that we live Georgia, have I encountered the loving military wives that my grandmother always spoke of. Now I see their loving community and can't imagine how I made through without them. They would never have allowed any wife to be alone after such an experience.

    Thank you for your comments and support! I love your blog and the fact that we seem to have so much in common. One of these days. we may actually meet!

    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and let me know your views, thoughts, or ideas.... Glad to see you here. Have a great day!