Sunday, June 1, 2008

Spinach!

My sweetie had a surprise for me when I got home
from my last day at the furniture job.

He harvested out first batch of spinach. He said, "I don't know how to cook it for you". I told him not to worry. So I looked in the pantry and the fridge and said "mmmmmmmmmm". I put on a pot of rice, I shredded the chicken thighs he had baked, and pulled out a bit of bacon. This is what happened:

Fried bacon (just a bit-1 slice chopped up)
Added that beautiful spinach
Steamed it for about 30 seconds with a tablespoon of broth
Served it over a bed of rice, with the shredded chicken on top

Sweetie was flabbergasted at the gastronomical delight that ended up on the plate.
Simple. From the garden. Delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first spinach crop. I hope you continue to have bountiful produce from your spinach garden. After all, spinach is the most versatile and nutritious of all the recognised superfoods. Good health to your household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that looks great!
    My favorite is fried spinach.
    My favorite husband used to make it when he worked at a different restaurant. You're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and let me know your views, thoughts, or ideas.... Glad to see you here. Have a great day!