Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer is finally here!

Hello my friends!
Life can be very hectic at times.
The new job is going to work out well.
Tonight, I took a few minutes to check out things around the homestead.
Above is the first sunflower of the season.
It is a lemon queen. I love my sunflowers!


These are my cabernet grapes. This is their 3rd year.
The grapes are much bigger this year.

The garlic is beginning to turn. It will be harvest time soon!

The basil and the cherry tomato in the aquaponics are huge!

I can't believe how well they are doing! This is a mixed lettuce bed.

Started from seed about 3 weeks ago.


The corn is growing nicely. My favorite summer hot veggie.

The tomatoes and gourds are doing great.
The leaves on the gourds are huge.


The chicks keep growing. They went through 50 lbs of chick feed in less than 2 months.
It is usually hot here in NC.

These are my panting chicks!


Best wishes to all! I hope your summer is going well!

Christina

1 comment:

  1. Christina, your plants and gardens..and chicks...are absolutely beautiful!!!! Congratulations on your new job...what a great thing to be able to enjoy what you do inside and outside your home :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and let me know your views, thoughts, or ideas.... Glad to see you here. Have a great day!