Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rain at the homestead...




Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I got camera happy today!
We have been in drought conditions in North Carolina for several years now. This spring we have been blessed and the water levels in the streams, rivers, lakes, and aquafers have risen. I think they might let us drink a little soon! But anyway, Me and my camera decided we wanted to get a picture of lightning (didn't happen) . So I tried to take a picture of rain. LOL Rain is hard to photograph. So I got the clouds in the sky. The rain rolling off the roof. The wind tossed garden bench. Drops falling in a mud puddle. The stream we call the drive way. During all this, a humming bird very nearly flew into my face. Hence the underneath of the hummer at the feeder. I also caught him perched on the sunflowers. Poor Sugar tried to get away during the lull in the drops..... but she can't go too far.... the rogue photographer always gets her subject!
Have a great day!







1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!

    I also just love Sugar!!!!


    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and let me know your views, thoughts, or ideas.... Glad to see you here. Have a great day!