Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy July 1st!





Around the homestead....
The farmer came and cut the winter rye fields adjacent to us to day. He really kicked up a good bit of dust. Sugar didn't like him messing around so close and was on guard all day!
After the garlic harvest, we needed a ground cover, so my sweetie planted rape seed. Boy, did it germinate fast. I love the gourds. The aquaponics is still turning out great lettuce, even in this heat. The last lonely strawberry flower in a bed of sun scorched plants! Poor thing!

My chicks....
They are still hillareous! That is Hilda on the left. Wings out, ready to leap of the roost. She is such a show off. The Bared Rocks are really pretty. All of them are growing so fast. And Stew(Stud), the rooster, likes to strut his stuff. I heard his first crow Sunday morning. The nine chicks we started with are still with us. 8 hens and 1 rooster... I expected more roosters. I feel we will probably get more eggs than what we know what to do with. Egg recipies anyone?


Did I ever tell you that I love sunflowers?
What would a summer post be with out my beautiful sunflowers!





Sugar says... "The paws are tired today, anyone care to give me a paw rub?"
Don't forget to check out the Bloggiversary, 100th post contest!

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful pics!! My kids want a dog and I KNOW they would be over the moon to have a rooster!!

    Thanks so much for dropping by!! Have a great day & I hope that rooster doesn't crow to early!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year is a perfect time to to veggie Quiche. That is what we did when Grandpa had too many chickens. You take whatever you have that is fresh and throw it in the quiche with a bunch of eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! I'm finally getting to spend some time on the computer because Josh is watching the Colbert Report on Comedy Central. Thank goodness!

    We've been working on our adoption paperwork nonstop and I have had to severely limit my computer blogging and blog-visiting time. Sigh.

    I missed you!

    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures I to love sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! Your place is soooo nice, Christina :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and let me know your views, thoughts, or ideas.... Glad to see you here. Have a great day!